Steve Jobs famously said, “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” Whether or not you’re an Apple aficionado, the insight that productivity stems from enjoyment is something to keep in mind in planning your own corporate events.
When you’re planning your next team building activity, whether it’s a weeklong corporate conference or an afternoon offsite, make sure that it’s something your employees will look forward to attending by following these tips from City Beach:
1) Give Your Employees a Say: Don’t plan your event in a silo – ask your attendees to vote on what they’d like to do for their event. Rock climbing? Wine tasting? They’ll love having a voice, and it’ll make the decision making process easier for you too!
2) Mix it Up: Did your team go on a Bocce Ball outing last year? Do something different this year! You don’t want to get into a rut, and your team will enjoy bonding over something new.
3) Spice Up the Food: How many cold cut trays and boxed lunches can anybody eat in a lifetime? Try something different, like a picnic or an ice cream bar to energize the team for the rest of the day!
4) Ask for Feedback: One thing’s for sure – there will be more corporate events in the future! Ask attendees for feedback about what worked and what didn’t work so that you can use their feedback in planning the next event.
5) Reach out to City Beach: Our event planning service staff can work with you to plan your best event yet!
Engaging your employees to participate in a team event they will love will translate to productive and great work back at the office. Happy planning!